Puppy Head start
Puppy training classes are all about getting you and your puppy off to the best possible start together in life!
During the first 16 weeks of life, the experiences your puppy has will color the way he views and interacts with the world. Proper socialization now plays a critical role in preventing fear, aggression, and other troubling behaviors down the road. Our puppy training classes provide the perfect setting for your pup to learn the important social skills that will ensure he grows into a self-assured, polite dog. Benefits include:
- Socialization with objects, new people, and situations
- Safe, off-leash play with other dogs to learn how to appropriately communicate and to build social confidence
- Learning to enjoy handling and restraint, which are necessary for every visit to the vet or groomer
- How to handle common trouble behaviors: house training, chewing, crate training, jumping, pulling on leash, and barking
- Crucial impulse control exercises and basic cues like sit, down, leave it, and come when called
In addition to building proper social skills, we will also teach you how to set your puppy up for success in learning the rules of your household. Our puppy training classes will give both you and your pup the confidence to start life off on the best possible paw!
Enrollment is flexible, with options to pay per session or purchase a package. This class is open enrollment: there are six separate lessons that you can take in any order.
Puppy Headstart Summary
Age: 10 weeks to 20 weeks (5 months) – Your puppy ages out of class once he is over 20 weeks (5 months) of age. After that, he is Manners I class-bound!
Vaccinations: A signed veterinary release is required. Puppies must get their first round of Distemper and Parvovirus vaccines at least seven (7) days before their first class, as well as provide us with proof of a negative fecal sample. Rabies is not required for dogs under 6 months of age.
Concerned about beginning class before finishing your puppy’s vaccines? Check out this article from Dr. Jennifer Messer, DVM on the topic: Striving for Puppy Wellness-Socialization vs. infectious disease
Prerequisite: our FREE Training Orientation (for new students)
Duration: 1-hour sessions
Ready to Enroll?
The first step for new students is to watch our recorded Orientation and complete the associated comprehension quiz: