Puppy Head start
Register for a single session
Register for a 3-pack of sessions
Puppy Training Classes is all about getting you and your puppy off to the best possible start in life together!
During your puppy’s first 14 weeks of life, your puppy is highly impressionable and undergoing a critical learning period. The experiences he encounters at this time become engrained in your pup for life and color the way he views the world. Proper socialization now plays a large role in preventing fear, aggression and other troubling behavior challenges down the road.
Our puppy training classes provide the perfect stage for your puppy to learn the crucial social skills that will ensure he grows into a self-assured, courteous dog. Benefits include:
- Socialization with common fearful objects, new people, and other dogs
- Safe off-leash play with other like-aged individuals to learn how to clearly and appropriately communicate with other dogs to build social confidence
- Teaching your pup to tolerate handling and restraint, which are a necessary part of every visit to the vet or groomer
- How to handle common trouble puppy behaviors: house training, chewing, crate training, jumping, pulling on leash, and barking
- Crucial impulse control exercises and foundational cues like sit, down, leave it, and come when called
As well as instilling proper social skills, we will also teach you how to set your puppy up for success in learning the rules of your household. Our Puppy Training Classes are geared at giving your pup the confidence to start life off on the best possible paw!
This class is an “a la carte” curriculum – take as many classes as you’d like (after you complete your owners-only orientation) while your dog is of age! Puppies graduate into Manners classes once they are over 20 weeks of age.
Get your puppy’s training and development off on the right foot, register for Puppy Headstart today!
Puppy Headstart Details
Age: 10 weeks to 20 weeks (5 months)
Vaccinations: A signed veterinary release is required. At a minimum, puppies must receive their first round of Distemper and Parvovirus vaccines, as well as provide us with proof of a negative fecal sample. Rabies is not required for dogs under 6 months of age.
Concerns about beginning class before completing your puppies vaccines? Please read this article from Dr. Jenniffer Messer, DVM on the topic: Striving for Puppy Wellness-Socialization vs. infectious disease
Prerequisite: Completion of an Owners-Only Orientation session for new students
Duration: 1-hour sessions
Curriculum: intro to positive training methods, building attention, house and chew training, bite inhibition, crate training, dog body language, handling, impulse control and socialization.